The school is committed to enhancing student achievement by providing a range of support that caters for the learning, social emotional and behavioral needs of our students.
Student Support Team in APS
The Student Support team in APS is a student-focused structure put in place to:
- look at each student holistically, taking into consideration his/her academic and non-academic needs.
- co-ordinate the support available for students in the school.
- provide assistance to teachers and students, focused on both prevention and intervention strategies.
- facilitate connections to and collaborations with the community and other non-school support services.
We have one School Counsellor attached to each level and they play a fundamental role in supporting the social, mental and emotional well-being of our students. They journey alongside our students, equipping them with skills and competencies to cope and overcome challenges.
Some of the key interventions provided by our Counsellors include:
- Counselling sessions
- Psychoeducation on mental, emotional and social well-being
- Customised lessons that suit the needs of students
- Collaboration with stakeholders
Learning and Behavioral Support / Special Educational Needs (SEN) Support
Our Education Psychologist (EP) and SEN Officers aim to create an inclusive school environment for our students. They work collaboratively with key stakeholders such as parents, teachers and external agencies to provide support for our students with SEN. They plan and coordinate various levels of support, design customized intervention for selected students to equip them with skills to succeed in the real world.
Some of the key interventions provided by our SEN Officers include:
- Learning Support (Occupation Therapy & Literacy and Numeracy Support)
- Social Behavioural Support (Social Skills workshops)
- Support for Hearing Loss, Visual and Physical Impairment (Application for Assistive Technology Devices)
- Transition Support
- Collaboration with VWOs for itinerant school-based educational support services
Student Management Support
Our Discipline belief is aligned to our Core Belief and MOE’s Discipline Philosophy.
- All can Learn
- Every Student can Succeed
- We Value every Student
Our school embarks on a positive and proactive approach to discipline where teachers focus on promoting positive student behavior through the teaching of values and skills, and where timely reinforcement through corrective guidance is used to address students’ actions.
School Rules and Student Expectations